- An advocate to assist in W.S.I.B.claims
- We are affiliated with various Labour Councils which offers training for stewards and other members
- We also offer to Stewards the opportunity to be reimbursed for some of the cost of attending Labour Studies courses at local colleges
- We offer an on staff Health & Welfare person in order to answer and assist the members with the processing and handling of the many claims that are filled
- We offer on site expertise in handling the various pension plans the Local Union has and offer assistance in the handling and processing of all pension papers
- The Local Union from time to time conducts mail outs to the membership offering discounted rates for Home and Auto insurances and various life insurances that may be purchased by the members
- We also offer a councelling referal service for those members with issues that must be dealt with out of the context of the collective agreements
- We have a library of various Labour Books that may be used by the Stewards with regards to fact finding for possible greivances.
Local Union Juridiction
Teamsters Union Local Union 879 is a miscellaneous Local representing a large number of different workplaces.
Our charter reads: Local no. 879 the craft jurisdiction title of which is Teamsters (excluding the craft jurisdiction presently covered by the charter of Local Union 647, Laundry and Linen Drivers and Ontario Hydro Employees) and the Geographical jurisdiction of which is that part of the Province of Ontario lying east of a line from Port Dover to Goderich (leaving Woodstock in Local Union 141 territory but keeping Simcoe and Port Dover in Local Union 879 territory). Eastern boundary will be the eastern county lines of Halton, Wellington, Dufferin & Grey Counties.